Incorporating high-quality protein foods in your meals can help improve your health in various ways such as increasing your muscle mass and strength. A high-protein diet also lowers blood pressure; aids in losing weight especially belly fat, and can help fight diabetes. A good diet plan for weight loss should have protein sources that are rich in nutrients and low in saturated fat and calories.
With that said, here is a list of 10 delicious High Protein Diet Plan for Weight Loss, high-protein foods that should be incorporated into your diet plan.
1. Oats provide a healthy and nutritious way to keep your body fueled. Incorporating oats into your dietary plan will provide you with the much-needed proteins without having to worry about all the harmful saturated and trans fats found in animal-based foods.
2. Integrate egg whites into your diet to receive a dose of almost pure protein. Eggs are the least expensive foods filled with protein. Specially organic eggs are among some of the most nutritious and healthiest foods available.
They are not only loaded with proteins, but they comprise of vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and many other nutrients.
3. Cottage cheese and milk are not only a great source of protein, high protein diet for weight loss but they are also fortified with valuable calcium and vitamin D. Keep your bones, teeth, and body healthy by selecting skim or low-fat dairy. One ounce of cheese contains 7 grams of protein whereas half a cup of low-fat cottage cheese has 10-14 grams of protein. Also, Greek yogurt not only tastes delicious but it has high nutrient counts, a creamy texture, and contains a high percentage of protein.
4. Lentils are a type of legume and an excellent food option for vegans and vegetarians. Lentils are among one of the best sources of plant-based proteins with 27percent of their calories being protein. One cup of boiled lentils contains mass levels of protein, fiber, potassium, iron, copper, and various other nutrients. Half a cup of cooked lentils has up to 9 grams of proteins. Add these incredibly satisfying foods to your soup, salads, chili, pasta, and much more!
5. As delicious as peanuts are, they are also high in protein, fiber, and magnesium. If you aren’t a fan of raw peanuts, then purchase organic peanut butter -spread peanut butter onto your bagel or bread and enjoy a healthy morning or mid-afternoon snack. Two tablespoons of natural-style peanut butter contain about 6-8 grams of protein.
6. Lean beef is loaded with protein, vitamin B12, and large amounts of other essential nutrients. Typically, four ounces of beef can provide up to 36g of protein.
7. Remember to stick to the white meats only because dark meats have a higher fat count. 3 oz. of skinless chicken or turkey breast contains 25 grams of proteins.
8. If you are currently on a low-carb and high-protein diet, then fish is a must-have food. Fish types such as tuna and salmon are loaded with tons of healthy nutrients. Depending on the type of fish, 3 oz. of fish fillets will provide you with 17-20g of proteins. The omega-3 fatty acids derived from fish are essential for reducing inflammation, keeping the brain healthy, and for healthy arteries.
9. Are you in need of a crunchy snack that is low in carbs but high in protein? Not all of your protein has to come from eggs, dairy, seafood, or meat. Some plants such as beans are also packed with protein. Half a cup of beans contains as many proteins as an ounce of broiled steak; 16grams.
10. Related to broccoli, Brussels sprouts are high-protein vegetables that can be used to prepare some of the healthiest foods. Concerning calories, sprouts offer higher levels of proteins when compare with other vegetables. They have a protein content of 17 percent and other bioactive nutrients such as fiber and vitamin C. One cup of cooked Brussels sprout provides 4g of protein.
There are tons of delicious foods that are packed with proteins. It’s easy to create a healthy and high protein diet plan using the above mentioned foods. The foods are easy to use, easy to find, and will make a delicious meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
In addition to the foods mentioned above, you can also consume more pumpkinseeds, Ezekiel bread, ricotta, avocado, almonds, and jerky.
Give these ten tips a try and you’ll notice that your weight comes off much more easily.